Courtesy of the Photography Collections, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
An architect's wash drawing shows plans for Forest Park School #69 in the West Arlington area of the city. On January 18, 1922, the Baltimore Sun reported that 14.5 acres had been purchased between West Forest Park and Arlington for the new school, designed to accommodate 2,000 pupils and to relieve overcrowding at nearby school #64. This location actually straddled the boundary between the old city and newly annexed areas. The building's cornerstone was laid by Mayor Broening at a ceremony on May 7, 1923.